Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Mini Family Update

I'm still here, we've just been very busy recently.

On Sunday and Monday we visited two of my college roommates (Stacy and Buffy) and Stacy's family. It was a short visit but it was so good to get together. I hadn't seen Stacy since her wedding 9 years ago. It was a wild visit with 5 boys ages 6 and under-and none of them play with other children very often. I'll post more about our visit later.

I've been trying to catch up on sleep after staying up too late on Sunday and getting home late on Monday. I've also done some more decluttering-working in the main bathroom mainly. We have a big closet in the bathroom that opens into the hallway. I don't think I have ever cleaned it out since we moved here 7 years ago. Not only did I have items like medicine that you usually have in your bathroom, but batteries (to check and see if they are any good), spare change (to get together to take to the bank), and candles. I have done 2 shelves. It is good to get organized and see what we really have-I don't think I ever need to buy shampoo again in my whole lifetime. I threw out a lot of old makeup (I never wear makeup any more) and a lot of expired stuff too.

I also have been working on a schedule for homeschooling. We aren't getting back to all subjects until after Labor Day, but I need to do a little planning. Most of this has been done in my head and I'm finally getting some of my ideas down on paper. Since Lamb 1 is 6, I don't have a lot of planning to do, but I need to do some. My style, especially after teaching in a classroom, it makes me feel so good to have it planned.

Today Ram had a medical test done. Please keep him in your prayers that the doctors can find what (if anything) is wrong and how to help him.

No comments: