Sunday, July 5, 2009

IA Looper Visit

I had planned with my Looper friend, Suzanne, to meet at the park in Sioux City, IA on day one of our trip to CO. I wasn't sure what to do when the Lambs had their rash. The doctor said it wasn't contagious so we went. My dad took a nap in the car while the Lambs played on the playground with Suzanne's grandchildren.

The playground had this banking center that Lamb 2 loved.
Suzanne with Lamb 3
Grace with Lamb 3

Lamb 1 tried this on a playground in WI, but he got afraid. I was impressed that just a few weeks later he attempted it and went all the way across several times.

Lamb 1 and 2 had to do banking with Grandma and everyone one more time before we left the playground.
Grandma with Lamb 3

Ewe with the Lambs with Lincoln, Grace, and Mary
First of many photos that Lamb 1 wouldn't cooperate on this trip
Ewe with Suzanne-it was great to chat for a little bit

When I went to the Mamapooloza in March, I thought the Lambs would really enjoy the Lewis and Clark center. I was able to show it to them. My dad enjoyed the WWII exhibit.
It was very hot, but it was nice to stop and play with Suzanne's grandkids. Suzanne provided lots of juice and cookies too. It was nice to have a goal for the day that the Lambs understood-we were driving to stop at a park and play with kids. Suzanne's grandkids were great with the Lambs. It was nice to have the Lambs run around before we continued driving to Lincoln, NE.

No comments: